Death Chamberz Interview DSmith

1.       How did you get your name?
My stage name is just my first name initial and my last name. 

2.    What inspired you to becomAe artists?
The arts, mainly music has always been my thing growing up. I remember as a child my favorite song was "Gimme Some Mo" by Busta Rhymes.

3.       When and how  did you start? And have you created any records yet? or mixtape?
I got started when my uncle and my step dad had a studio in the basement many years ago. I was their number one fan, still am. But I have joint projects with my team the GFC (Get Fresh Committee) and am currently working on my first solo project, "XIII: Stories Never Told".

4.       What’s your favorite thing to do when you aren’t writing/producing/playing etc?
Well when I'm not busy, I like to read. I can anything from articles, magazines or books or stories. It's a way that helps keep my mind sharp and helps me improve my craft.

5.       Who are your musical inspirations?
Currently, my biggest musical inspirations are Kanye West, Drake and Chance the Rapper. Really dope artists who stay true to themselves and have changed the game in their own unique ways.

6.       What kind of music do you listen to today?
I've always listened to different genres. So I'm open to ALMOST anything. I just can't listen to Country or Heavy Metal. 

7.       What surprises would we find in your music collection?
I listen to foreign music and I memorize the words. I'm a fan of AKFG and Orange Range. Those are Japanese Pop/Rock bands. 

8.       Todays music is about collaborations what "hot" rapper out now, you would love to work with on a project?
It definitely wouldn't be anyone making wack mainstream radio songs. I got love for the underground and I'm rocking with Chance the Rapper heavy. I would have loved to do a record with the Social Experiment on their "Surf" album

9.       What do you think your listeners will get out of your music?
Honesty. I lay my life, my goals, hopes and dreams out for the world to hear and see. I'm an open book but I like to have fun. I make a lot of jokes in my songs, things people have to hear more than once to fully get and understand.

10.   What do you hope to do with your music?
I want to reach out and connect with people. Of course I want to make money but connecting with people who listen to my songs that can rap them word for word..there's no better feeling than that. You know, dropping tracks that people can fully relate to.

11.   Where do you see the generation heading?
In the wrong direction. Most people this generation are living to impress the wrong people. It's a sad thing. We need change.

12.   Is there any advice you'd like to give to young aspiring artist ?
That would be to always stay true to yourself. Don't be afraid to go outside the box and challenge yourself. Be original! 

13.   What projects should we be on the lookout for in the near future?
"XIII: Stories Never Told" is coming really soon! So I am very excited about that! I have more records in the "XIII" series coming as well. I've already began working on the second project which I'll reveal after Stories Never Told drops! 

14.   Any shout outs?
Of course! I want to give a huge shoutout to my sponsor, Rudeboy Magazine! #RudeboyForever ! #RudeUp ! Death Chamberz! My team, the GFC, Gentry and Simon Phoenix. My engineers Jonnie Napalm and Melza Jordan. My big homie Shawn Boyd and any and everyone that supports the movement.
 

Twitter: @DSmithXIII
Instagram: @DSmithXIII

Comments

Popular Posts