Death Chamberz Music Interview Tre Houston

Death   Chamberz Music Interview Tre Houston
 photo IMG_1778cropped.png

1.       How did you get your name?

I actually went by simply Tre for the longest time since it was my given name as the third. But after a while, and naturally hailing from Houston, the name Tre became associated with other artists. My friends started calling my Tre Houston and I actually rejected it at first but after a few months, I took it on and started using it as my full name.

2.    What inspired you to become producers?

I've always loved music. It's always been my release so with this EP it was the first time I was able to take the reigns as both an artist and a producer. It was a natural fit and I wound up coming out with some of the most real and up front music I've ever made.

3.       When and how  did you start? And have you created any records yet? or mixtape?

I started making music when I was 11 years old. It's been a part of me since I was very young. It was always my therapy...my escape. The records I've come out with since are numerous although the most notable are my sophomore release "Unorthodox" and the this current EP "Live From Nowhere". I have 3 more EPs in the works currently and an album already done...I'm just waiting for the right moment to release it.

4.       What’s your favorite thing to do when you aren’t writing/producing/playing etc?

Not work. Get outside. Not deal with my everyday life shit. I like to get into nature and escape. I like to go into studios and be an engineer or producer for a musician that is not myself. I love making my own dreams come true, naturally, but I love watching other people do the same and be an integral part of what they do. Plus it pays. 

5.       Who are your musical inspirations?

Where to even start? The old school - KRS to Pac to Biggie (#1) to Pun to Mos Def to Talib to One Be Lo (so underrated) to Dre to Eminem to anyone I'm listening to at the moment.

6.       What kind of music do you listen to today?

Honestly I've been on a 60's and 70's rock binge for the last 3 or 4 months. Everything inspires me. But recently I've listened through every Beatles, Led Zep, and Electric Lights Orchestra album that exists. Beyond that, I stay up with modern underground hip hop artists like Brother Ali and old school cats like Mos Def (now under a new name), Talib, and the like.

7.       What surprises would we find in your music collection?

Canned Heat? Space Jam Soundtrack? I'm about anything that's good, no matter the genre. 

8.       Todays music is about collaborations what "hot" rapper out now, you would love to work with on a project?

Brother Ali (He's "hot", don't debate it), Kendrick, Tyler the Creator, innovators. People that push the genre. Tech 9 is also in there of course.

9.       What do you think your listeners will get out of your music?

Honestly, I hope they get me out of it. I put my heart and soul into everything I do, as cliche as that may sound. I hope people can relate. I want to find people that feel the way I feel and I hope they follow me and really try to hit me up. I'm approachable. Really. Shoot me an email.

10.   What do you hope to do with your music?

I want to make an impact. I won't skirt around the fact that I have educated myself and hope to one day save enough money to enroll myself in law school and enter into politics. I want to make music always, but really I want to change the world in the most direct way possible. 

11.   Where do you see the generation heading?

Really, in a good direction. People spend so much time complaining but really...that's how it's always been. The generation before the "golden generation" historically complained about their children being insufferable know-it-alls until they had to step up to the plate during WWII. I think our generation has experienced a ton but has yet to have its purely defining moment yet. We are strong. We are intelligent. And we will set the world on fire given the right circumstance and the correct set of motivations. 

12.   Is there any advice you'd like to give to young aspiring artist ?

Keep working. Always. If I could go back in time and tell 11 year old Tre, "Hey, the music you make will be on television shows and major motions pictures around the world" that little kid would immediately shit his pants. It's all about drive and progression. You will get to where you want to go as long as you push yourself and, beyond that, educate yourself.

13.   What projects should we be on the lookout for in the near future?

I have an EP with my producer Cam in Chicago as well as an EP with my other producer Tyler Norris in San Antonio both more than half way through. Beyond that I have a full CD complete but am just waiting for the right moment to release it. I have more material than I know what to do with. Many releases are in the future.

14.   Any shout outs?

Shout out to everyone that has followed from day one and shout out to my girlfriend Natalie...she has been with me for close to 5 years and has helped me revive my musical dreams numerous times during moments when I felt it was done. I would not be able to push myself to where I am at now without her. Honestly it just would not have happened.


You can find out more about Tre Houston at www.TreCD.com.

Also check out the Reverbnation Press Kit at www.reverbnation.com/TreHouston.

Comments

Popular Posts