Death Chamberz Music Interviewing Fletch
If you check through the blog you will see a few tracks from this group/ Thought it was about time for you learn more of him as an artist
1.How did you get your name?
-------------------------------
My stage name is from my last name "Fletcher"
Back in high school, my social studies teacher would call me J-Fletch; everyone
else caught onto that so they would call me J-Fletch or Fletch for short. So
I just ran with that name.
2.What inspired you to become a rap artist?
-------------------------------------------
A lot of things actually, mainly because I always wanted to be involved with
anything that had to do with sound, been like that since 2nd grade. Wasn't until
recently I used rap as a way to let out some stuff on record that no one would
bother hearin me talk about in everyday life. It started out as self therapy, now
its like, now I have these listeners that can relate to what I talk about and it's
wild.
3.When did you start? And have you created any records yet? or mixtape?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I started makin beats 4 years ago, and rapped for a year and a half. I have made
lots of projects, but the ones I released are on my bandcamp page.
http://fletchbeats.bandcamp.com
4.What’s your favorite thing to do when you aren’t writing/producing/playing etc?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Let's see, chill with the homies and shiz, play on the PS3, watch old ass cartoons
on netflix, other times I like to go to random ass areas by myself and just chill
there. It gives me ideas for music.
5.Who are your musical inspirations?
--------------------------------------
I have alot of inspirations. Beat wise it's definitely !llmind, Khrysis and Just Blaze.
Them niggas is more versatile than people see, especially Just Blaze. Rap wise, I
started from MF Doom, Pack FM, Aesop Rock. Then overtime as I started gettin into
Skyzoo, I think he'd be my inspiration right now as far as tellin a story with your
rhymes.
6.What kind of music do you listen to today?
--------------------------------------------
Other than rap, there's R&B, EDM, Thrash Metal (or any kind of Metal), Psychadelic Rock,
Jazz, Trance, Drum & Bass. Kinda have a diverse taste in music.
7.What surprises would we find in your music collection?
---------------------------------------------------------
I think it depends on what your taste. The only known surprise is me being part of a
younger generation and making Golden Era type music, which ain't out of the norm anymore
(shouts out to Astro and Pro Era). But idk, the fans may have to tell me.
8.Todays music is about colabrations what "hot" rapper out now, you would love to work with on a project?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
umm, I'd work with Ab-Soul, Curren$y, Skyzoo. there are countless MC's I'd work with.
9.What do you think your listeners will get out of your music?
-----------------------------------------------------------------
I guess to be yourself and tell your story and fuck all that other bullshit that niggas will try to
throw at you.
10.What do you hope to do with your music?
---------------------------------------------
Well one thing, prove to these people that I have the skill, I'm always the underdog
and thats my mindset. Another thing I wanna do is tour. So I guess once I get that
recognition, I'll be travelin' everywhere.
11.Where do you see the generation heading?
--------------------------------------------
I think since that Kendrick verse on control and that rap fans are demanding more
lyricism these days. Then we might be off to bringin back the times where rappers can
make a verse and not worry about the bullshit. But at the same time we can expand and move
forward by innovating something. There will be a moment of breakthrough in the future.
12.Is there any advice you'd like to give to young aspiring rappers?
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Yeah, if its in your heart, then go for it, and always strive for improvement.
Fuck all the side talk because their opinions don't pay your bills. And make sure you
get your local city to support you, it'll help you in the long run.
13.What projects should we be on the lookout for in the near future?
---------------------------------------------------------------------
No projects as of yet, but I will be on various tracks more than likely.
14.Any shoutouts?
-------------------
Shout out to d-Prince, the homie Garrett for shootin my videos. The homie Kevin.
The homie B Ford we came a long way and shit. Shout out to everyone at S.O.U.L. Records,
Seven's entertainment, Kevin Knottingham facebook fam, most definitely my moms and pops.
And if you ain't mentioned I'm sorry lol
Comments
Post a Comment