Death Chamberz Music Interview: Baysiqly

Death Chamberz Music Interviewing Vagabound artist  Baysiqly
If you check through the blog you will see a few tracks from this group/ Thought it was about time for you  learn more of him as an artist

1. How did you get your name?

Baysiqly I got my name during my junior year in High School. I was staring at this book called "Back to the Basics" and I’m not sure where my thought process was at that time because I just created the name Baysiqly. Baysiqly (pronounced basically) is just that. It’s the obvious answer to any problem.


2. What inspired you to become a rap artist?


Baysiqly: I’ve always been a huge fan of rap since Warren G, LL Cool J, 2Pac, etc. But music itself has always been in my blood. I remember as a kid before I even knew what rap was I was always into instruments and always wanted to learn the art of music. As far as the inspiration to rap, that comes from my every life. Growing up, things I saw and experienced on a daily basis that I would often put on paper and make a song out of it and it grew from there.


3. When did you start? And have you created any records yet? or mixtape?

Baysiqly: I started recording music during my junior year in high school. Before I was known as Baysiqly I was part of a group called The Co-Defendants. This was my first attempt at recording music. We recorded on this boom box that had a mic connection. Whenever one person would finished rapping, we’d just pass the mic off to the next person. I started taking it a little more serious around 2004 and caught the attention of the local scene. I met E.R. through a mutual friend who also made music around that time.

It wasn’t until 2010 that things got really serious when E.R. and I decided to form Vagabonds Music Group LLC. Before that we went through a couple of years of barely making music and going through bad business ventures and eventually just decided to click up and form VMG. Since then we’ve dropped a couple of LP’s: "Good Neighbors", "#FML", "Leonidas" (my solo), "Year of The Vagabond" (E.R.'s solo), and "Diary Of A Dreamer", my collaboration project with K Da Great, which comes out October 8th.


4. How did the label get formed?

Baysiqly: The label was formed back in 2010. At the time I had pretty much given up on making music and it wasn’t until I started re-connecting with E.R. and we started seeing how much the music we made together flowed that we decided to give it a try. The first track we recorded was called “Space Music”. The track took off and gained notoriety through local and national blogs, I think there were like 15,000 downloads within the first couple of days. That was huge to us because it made us see how much of an impact we could have just by doing us and making good music.


5. Do you guys actively search for new artists to sign?

Baysiqly: As of now we are just focused on taking off as a group and as an entity before we bring anyone else on board. We expect to put on other artists in the future but we have to find success within the group first to be able to spread it to others.


6. What's the ultimate goal of the label.

Baysiqly: To run our business until it can’t be ran no more. Our main focus is longevity and being able to support ourselves doing what we were meant to do.


7. What’s your favorite thing to do when you aren’t writing/producing/playing etc?

Baysiqly: I’m a huge movie fan. Whenever I’m not writing or doing anything music related, I’m most likely watching a movie. A lot of the ideas I come up with on our videos comes from watching so many movies. So I guess even when I’m not working on music I’m doing something that always goes back to it.


8. Who are your musical inspirations?

Baysiqly: Pac, Bob Marley. Simple as that. Those guys are legends of their generation and also our generation.


9. What kind of music do you listen to today?

Baysiqly: I’m open to all types of music. I don’t just stick to hip hop because you never know where inspiration can come from.  Rock, Reggae, Rap, R&B and even Country music. I feel like everyone has a story to tell through their art form and I’m always willing to give it a listen.


10. What surprises would we find in your music collection?

Baysiqly: I honestly listen to a lot of old school funk music. I love music from the 70’s because the sounds are pure. There is nothing like hearing music on a record player. Everything sounds more enhanced and alive.


11. Todays music is about collaborations what "hot" rapper is out now, who would you love to work with on a project?

Baysiqly: To be real, I would love to do a track with who I think is a legend in this game, Scarface. I’ve always been a fan of his music, dude has always been one of the realest to do this. I would also do a collab with Outkast. Those dudes to me showed the game on how a group is supposed to sound. They complimented and fed off each others vibe to a tee. As far as new comers, I also wouldn’t mind a collab with Kendrick Lamar and Action Bronson.


12. What do you think your listeners will get out of your music?

Baysiqly: Pure un-tampered with real music. Just me as I am.


13. What do you hope to do with your music?

Baysiqly: Besides the obvious of making a living off of it, if my music can have a positive effect or can change anyone’s life I think I’m doing my job.


14. Where do you see the generation heading?

Baysiqly: Do you want the politically correct answer? Or the real answer? Honestly bruh, I think Hip Hop has changed in many ways. Technology has allowed for pretty much anyone with little to no talent to become overnight sensations. I think the craft itself has deteriorated but there are still a few MC's out there who put out some quality music.


15. Is there any advice you'd like to give to young aspiring rappers?

Baysiqly: Just be YOU. There’s nothing better than diversity.


16. What projects should we be on the lookout for in the near future?

Baysiqly: "Diary of A Dreamer" is my next upcoming project. It’s a collaboration effort with Kenya based producer K Da Great and will be released on iTunes and all digital retailers on October 8th, 2013. You could also get it on our website,www.vagabondsmusicgroup.com. Also be on the look out for our next group project which is yet to be titled and dropping some time next year.


17. Any shoutouts?

Baysiqly: I wanna give a shout out to you guys at Death Chambers, definitely appreciate the interview and the continued support. I also wanna shout out E.R., as well as everyone who has been working with us from jump street. The homie Ralf and the whole Mr. Visual fam, K Da Great, 21, Noble. Shout to all the blogs and the fans for the support and anyone out there who believes in what we do and who keeps us going at it. Peace!


Bio
Hailing from Miami, Florida, Baysiqly is a natural born MC with a taste for success. The rapper, of Haitian descent, has been dreaming of reaching the pinnacles of the Hip Hop since his adolescent years. Growing up in North Miami before moving to the south side of the county, he has grown accustomed to the different cultures and flavors that reside in the Magic City. Using the diverse interactions one comes across in Miami, Baysiqly experiences molded him to be the artist he is today. With his raspy Southern flow that has a touch of an East Coast influence, he is able to adapt to any instrumental or sound effortlessly.

Baysiqly started rapping during his high school years but it did not become serious for him until the summer of 2004. That summer he realized the talent he possessed and started recording projects with a group of childhood friends. Eventually he would meet his now business partner (and other half of the Vagabonds) E.R., and the two would go on to create their very own record company, Vagabonds Music Group. The group formed in 2010 and have since been recognized as one of the top rap acts in Miami. The two have traveled across the nation doing shows and their music has reached a massive audience.

Along with dropping two well-received projects as half of the Vagabonds (2011's "Good Neighbors" and 2012's "#FML"), Baysiqly released a solo effort titled "Leonidas" in the summer of 2012, which received great reactions throughout the blogosphere, and along with "#FML" earlier that year, helped the Vagabonds get booked for over 40 shows without any formal representation. Baysiqly is gearing up to release his second project, "Diary of a Dreamer", which is a collaboration album with Kenya-based producer, K Da Great. The project is set to release in the fall of 2013 and expect nothing short of an instant classic from it.

The sky is the limit for Baysiqly (and Vagabonds member E.R.), who have shown for the past two years that along with their natural talent on the mic and the production boards, their hustle and business-savvy will allow them to thrive in this new era of the music business

--
Vagabonds Music Group, LLC.
www.vagabondsmusicgroup.com

Comments

Popular Posts