DEATH CHAMBERZ MUSIC INTERVIEW OF KING NILAH @KingNilah


DEATH CHAMBERZ MUSIC INTERVIEW OF KING NILAH

YoungGod
1.       How did you get your name?

When I first started rapping my name was Ash B lol overtime I felt that was too close to my real name and it didn't have any creativity, so I wanted to change it. I started looking up things like names of African Queens and names that means ambitious. I came across Nilah. And I liked it, so I stuck with it.

2.    What inspired you to become a rap artist?

Since I was younger I liked performing. Until this day that's what really keeps me into music. It's like a basketball player who has goals of playing in the championship game or an NFL player with aspirations to win the super bowl. I make music specifically for those kind of moments.

3.       When did you start? And have you created any records yet? or mixtape?

I've been writing before CDs existed. Lol But I didn't start recording in an actual studio until I was a sophomore in college. I dropped my first mixtape that same year. This past January I released an EP called Love & Millions. It's available for download via Soundcloud right now and I have visuals on YouTube.com/KingNilah.

4.       What’s your favorite thing to do when you aren’t writing/producing/playing etc?

Making money. And I don't say that to be arrogant but I'm at a point in my life right now where that is my hobby. And I do that in many ways. One thing I do and enjoy is putting together events. Specifically music concerts and shows.

5.       Who are your musical inspirations?

I'm inspired by a lot of people. I think the 90s R&B was most influential to me. The music then was so soulful and that's the kind of music I like to make. Music you can feel. If that makes sense.

6.       What kind of music do you listen to today?

R&B Mostly, and if it's RAP it's the old heads lol like Jay, Wayne, Jadakiss, & Biggie. I rock with Drake pretty heavy too. I also listen to a lot of female rappers relevant today.

7.       What surprises would we find in your music collection?

How dope I am.

8.       Todays music is about collaborations what "hot" rapper out now, you would love to work with on a project?

First, I would love to work with the whole GOOD MUSIC. Especially Teyana Taylor & Kanye West. After that it's Tink, TK N Cash, Ty Dolla and even some artist that aren't as out there at the moment like Melanie Fiona &  Jasmine Sullivan.



9.       What do you think your listeners will get out of your music?

Inspiration and something to relate to.

10.   What do you hope to do with your music?

Perform it across the world.

11.   Where do you see the generation heading?

That's a good question. The way things are in society now is crazy. But I also see a lot of positive things happening. I just know either way, I have hope that the future will be great.

12.   Is there any advice you'd like to give to young aspiring rappers?

Keep going & Don't stop. Most importantly try not to get frustrated with the process. Because a lot of times you gon hear no, you might get turned down, everything won't go as planned and you are going to fail at somethings but if you keep going it'll all be worth it. And I'm still working on taking my own advice. Lol

13.   What projects should we be on the lookout for in the near future?

I'm planning to drop a project by the end of this year but as I said in the previous question things don't always go as planned. Lol. Either way you will keep hearing from me !

Comments

Popular Posts