Death Chamberz Music Interview - AVN

Death Chamberz Music Interview - AVN

1.       How did you get your name?

I just use my real name, except I cut out the last 3 letters of my last name. 

If you spell out the letters "A-V-N" that is how you pronounce my name 

anyways. Other aliases I go by are childhood nick names or names given. 

Ex. Matty Boy, AVNatto, Matty Nice, etc.

2.    What inspired you to become a rap artist?

Rap was kind of something I did for a while before I seriously started to 

pursue music. I played in a lot of bands and projects as a kid, and then I 

learned how to freestyle. After that it was a rap; so to speak.

3.       When did you start? And have you created any records yet? or 

I probably started recording my first EP when I was 16. In 2007 we dropped 

the "A+B Productions EP", which was a producer (Dave Beliek) rapper (Matt 

Avn) duo. Then around 2009 Beliek and I dropped our "Evolutionary Vol. 1 Ep" 

under the Chadrecords moniker. Since then I put out a solo mix-tape "Raw 

Spittage" and a Chadrecords compilation CD "The Private Demos". Most of 

this music is available for free at www.MattAvn.com. I also Have tracks with 

producers such as Michael Avnyin, Mike Lee (Kino Suave), and Teckzilla which 

are not featured on my website. 

4.       What’s your favorite thing to do when you aren’t writing/

producing/playing etc?

When I'm not rapping?.... When am I not rapping?

5.       Who are your musical inspirations?

This question..... I'm just going to make an un-official list in no particular 

order: MF Doom, Immortal Technique, Wu-Tang, Nas, JMT, Big L, AOTP, 

B.I.G, Tupac, Black Star, J-Dilla, The Roots, Outkast, Eminem, Mad 

Conductor, Ratatat, Nomak, Pretty Lights, NoFx, Catch-22, The Lawrence 

Arms, and mad more...

6.       What kind of music do you listen to today?

Nowadays I fuck with: OF, Kendrick, J-Cole, Slaughterhouse, Yelawolf, Logic, 

The Palmer Squares, etc. Honestly, I don't know, I see a lot of talent out there 

and a lot of trash. I'll listen to anything I'm feeling at the moment. 

7.       What surprises would we find in your music collection?

Hmm......Drake? Na I'm playing. The softest shit I have in my CD case right 

now is..... Mumford & Sons. A friend told me to check it out. 

8.       Todays music is about collaborations what "hot" rapper out 

now, you would love to work with on a project?

Tell Nicki Minaj to holler. I would LOVE to make some "music" with her. 

9.       What do you think your listeners will get out of your music?

Some bars, some laughs, something to relate to. It's not really up to me 

how people take my music. If you like it; word. If not; then not. 

10.   What do you hope to do with your music?

$ell it!! So I can buy a mansion, some cars, steady bitches and ho's. You 

know, the works. 

11.   Where do you see the generation heading?

To the mall, so they can buy more shit that they don't need. Did I say mall? 

Wow I really am stuck in the 90s. 

12.   Is there any advice you'd like to give to young aspiring rappers

Don't compare yourself.

13.   What projects should we be on the lookout for in the near future?

 Mine (whenever it comes out)..... and K.O.N.G's. Just give us all your 

14.   Any shout outs?

Shots out to: Rx Crew, The LeftOvers, B.A. Studios, Family & Friends, HLC 

(West Bab), Mike Wilks, Keith Jabinsky, Dave Beliek, Chadrecords, Grand 

Wizzard MC, Mikey Avnyin, Surprise Surprise, Duckbill Skateboards, Teck-Zilla, 

J Gramm Beats, Matt Buck, Nick Soritich, and Josh Karp.

Comments

Popular Posts