Death Chamberz Music Interview Kyle McCarty @SoundsByKyle

Death Chamberz Music Interview 
Kyle McCarty 



1.       How did you get your name?

1. I went through a phase of picking really corny rap names back in middle school and high school but nothing ever really stuck. Finally one of my friends told me to just go by my real name and I went with it. There's no gimmick to me as an artist. What you see and hear is actually me in real life so why not go by the name I was given by my parents? Kyle McCarty. 

2.    What inspired you to become artists?
2. I started writing poetry when i was 12 when my grandmother died. I was always a fan of Tupac and I knew he wrote poetry. My grandmother dying really hit me hard and I was looking for a way to vent so I turned that pain into words. I always loved hip hop and my friends suggested that I actually start rapping since I was already writing poetry. So the inspiration really just comes from my grandmother passing and needing a way to vent. 

3.       When and how  did you start? And have you created any records yet? or mixtape?
3. The answer to the last question can answer this one as well. I've had a couple of amateur tapes out back in high school but they were premature. I'm definitely focusing on making an EP though. Getting everything in line currently. 

4.       What’s your favorite thing to do when you aren’t writing/producing/playing etc?
4. Man I really don't do much besides music. I gotta go to the gym at least 5 times a week. Other than that I'm just kicking it with the homies, watching sports or talking music. 

5.       Who are your musical inspirations?
5. Sheesh...that list is long. I'll try to keep it small. My biggest musical inspirations have to be Tupac, DMX, Nirvana, Eminem, The Game and Outkast. 

6.       What kind of music do you listen to today?
6. Right now what I'm playing mostly is Kendrick Lamar, J.Cole, Kanye West, Youth Lagoon and Isaiah Rashad. 

7.       What surprises would we find in your music collection?

7. Haha oh man. I mentioned him in the last answer but this artist "Youth Lagoon". That kid is dope. I can't even explain what it sounds like. Very low-fi, reverb heavy, cinematic music. His album "The Year of Hibernation" is flawless. Some other artist might be The xx, The Wonder Years, The Naked and Famous and The Lumineers. Gotta expand your ears outside of just one genre man. 

8.       Todays music is about collaborations what "hot" rapper out now, you would love to work with on a project?
8. There's a ton of artist I'd love to collab with. Kendrick Lamar, J.Cole (gotta pull for the home state!) Game, Anthony Hamilton, Ed Sheeran...I could go on for days haha. 

9.       What do you think your listeners will get out of your music?

9. I hope they know that they're not alone. I really like to dig deep and get personal and I feel people need that. There's a not of people who feel like they can't relate to anybody and that sometimes can resort to a dark, dark path. I want to make people smile man and dance and feel like they mean something. Everyone deserves to be happy. 

10.   What do you hope to do with your music?
10. I want to do everything man. The idea that my song can reach and speak to a kid all the way out in Japan is wild. I hope my music can bring people together. I like to go to concerts and just look at the crowd and see everyone side by side for one purpose. Smiling, dancing, just having a good time. White, black, brown, yellow. This world needs unity, we're way too divided and I think it's time we really come together as humans. I hope my music can be the soundtrack to that. 

11.   Where do you see the generation heading?
11. I see this generation being the free thinkers. The ones who aren't scared to ask questions. I think we've been a very "yes-man" heavy society where we don't question things and I feel you should question things. We've got a young generation of forward thinking minds who can't relate to the old rules or the old rules don't apply to them.

12.   Is there any advice you'd like to give to young aspiring artist ?

12. Never let anyone tell you that you can't do something. You have to work your ass off, put those hours in. There's going to be days where it seems like your dreams are impossible to reach. The ones who do make it though, push through that feeling and end out on top. Put in that work and take those risks. I recommend this book "Outliers" by Malcolm Gladwell. Great read. 

13.   What projects should we be on the lookout for in the near future?

13. Nothing's set in stone yet but I'm definitely working on a project. Definitely expect more music videos and songs though for sure. 

14.   Any shout outs?

14. My parents and my team man: Jefe Ced, Tune, D, Keith, Rozay and David. They truly believe in this dream. Couldn't do it without them.






Comments

Popular Posts