Death Chamberz Music Interview Marshall Mung


Death   Chamberz Music Interview
                                                                   
                                                                Marshall Mung

 

1.       How did you get your name?

I got my name (Marshall Mung) back in High school… Mung is an acronym, each letter has a specific meaning to me and my crew but we keep it private to remind us how this all started with just us and how its up to us to keep the mung movment moving!

2.    What inspired you to become an artists?

The desire to use my words and my philosophies  to change lives… Hopefully my music will spread and touch millions of people but even if I can change or help one person’s life then this journey had meaning and was a positive experience!

3.       When and how  did you start? And have you created any records yet? or mixtape?

I started to rap seriously about 3 years ago, I always freestyled and cypher'd coming up but when I went to college I began writing rhymes for the first time and never looked back. I literally would skip class just to write or go to class and pretend I was taking notes but really be practicing my bars! I spent a lot of time perfecting my craft but recently released my first in-studio project, entitled N.W.K!

4.       What’s your favorite thing to do when you aren’t writing/producing/playing etc?

I love to hoop, growing up in Seattle I idolized Gary Payton and all the UW players! I’ve been lucky enough to stay healthy and use my basketball expertise to pay my bills through coaching!

5.       Who are your musical inspirations?

Damn, thats tough man… I love all types of music so people like Bob Marley, Bootsy Collins, James Brown. Bob Dylan all have a part in molding my music but Hip Hop is my favorite genre , some of my favorite rappers are: Tupac, Immortal Technique, Jedi Mind Tricks, Eminem, Mac Miller, and Ludacris… Chicken and Beer was actually the first explicit rap album I ever owned, my moms accidently bought the unedited version and I never told her… HAHA I learned a lot about the world through Ludacris is a weird way!  

6.       What kind of music do you listen to today?
Currently I’ve really been on my blog grind tough, listening to people like Logic, Mick Jenkins, and Tory Lanez...But i’ve also been viben to what I call chill-step people like Hippe Sabotage, Sango, Zedds Dead and Tom Misch!

7.       What surprises would we find in your music collection?

Ummm… I think the most surprising thing you’ll find in my music collection is some Goo Goo Dolls… ahah I don't know why I rock with them so hard but something about the way the choose their words and melodies makes me feel like they were  lyricists in a past life or something!

8.       Todays music is about collaborations what "hot" rapper out now, you would love to work with on a project?

Honestly, I try to only collab with people that are my friends… I feel like i would be really good friends with this artist named Blu from Cali… dude is really lyrical and spiritual. Based on his music he seems to share a lot of the same skeptical perspectives on the world that I do, so yea Blu or the homie from Pro Ear, CJ Fly he seems like the broski too!
9.       What do you think your listeners will get out of your music?

Listeners will get pushed mentality, my music is meant to challenge peoples boundaries and hopefully inspire them to view the world differently! I want to fuel my listeners dreams and instill a belief that they can be more than average!

10.   What do you hope to do with your music?

My end goal is to change the world’s overall consciences toward positivity and unity… Obviously this is a lavish goal so I’ve dedicated myself towards creating change within my own community first and using my influence in Seattle as a blueprint for what my music could offer people on a larger scale!
11.   Where do you see the generation heading?

Realistically, unless we make some drastic changes quickly, I don’t see a lot of hope for our generation. The past generations have passed down a lot of issues that we have inherited without putting up much of a fight, The massive amount of college debt leading to unfulfilling lives full of 9-5 careers is really concerning. We have to educate ourselves on alternative ways of living and accept the burden that comes with change.  

12.   Is there any advice you'd like to give to young aspiring artist ?

You gotta get on your grind and make sacrifices in order to be successful… sacrifice your time. your money, your social life… anything that it takes, if your really want something it needs to constantly be  your top priority!

13.   What projects should we be on the lookout for in the near future?

Right now i’m in the studio recording my next album, its gonna be between 12-15 tracks all produced by my guy Slim Pickin’s, he did the “Everyday” beat off N.W.K and uses mostly 70’s soul samples, it’s gonna be a big step up from my 1st project and really allow my fans to develop some content expectations from me moving forward!!

14.   Any shout outs?

Yeah, man shout out all the Baby Mommas, Mommas… I see you baby...Haha Sike… man shout out anybody working towards a goal go get that shit pimpin! Thanks for the interview bordie!

Comments

Popular Posts