DeathChamberzMusic Interview Descendant @Descendant413

DeathChamberzMusic Interview Descendant 



1.       How did you get your name?

I felt that the way my music sounds, along with the artists I listen to, I perceive myself as a descendant of hip hop. The fact that I can be positive and grungy through my singing and rapping and speak on my life comes from the foundation of hip hop in my mind. Just trying to resurface the true meaning and culture behind the genre.

2.    What inspired you to become a artist?

My whole life I've dealt with struggle, whether family/money/relationships/music and I've always loved writing. Once people started getting affected by my music it hit me that I had to pursue it as a career. 

3.       When and how  did you start? And have you created any records yet? or mixtape?

I started writing when I was 12 but didn't get serious about it until I was 15/16. I started in a group with my best friend Masetti called "Project Fatalist" recording off home studio equipment in his bedroom. We put out over 150 free songs, not including the 6 albums we did along with 3 solo mixtapes I dropped on the process. 

4.       What’s your favorite thing to do when you aren’t writing/producing/playing etc?

If I'm not working on music I love going to the gym, going skateboarding or anything to do with being outside. I'm not a nature freak but I can't be cooped up in a house for more than an hour haha.

5.       Who are your musical inspirations?

My main inspiration is Jon Bellion. The way he creates his music and outlook on the world intrigued me the second I discovered him. We need more like him. Not only in the music biz but the world in general.

6.       What kind of music do you listen to today?

I listen to everything. To name a few current favorites: Jon Bellion, Lorde, Drake, Slug, Kendrick, Alexi Murdoch, The Jokerr, Dizzy Wright, Guru, Tony Bennett, Frank Sinatra, Linkin Park, John Mayer. I can appreciate any type of music as long as it doesn't sound like total shit.

7.       What surprises would we find in your music collection?

Probably something like Josh Groban, Rascal Flatts or ICP. Like I said, I love all types of music so not too much should come as a surprise. 

8.       Todays music is about collaborations what "hot" rapper out now, you would love to work with on a project?

As far as a "hot" rapper, I would only work with Drake. Maybe Kendrick but I think my style leans more toward Drake, plus I relate to his music more. 

9.       What do you think your listeners will get out of your music?

I think that my listeners can go to my music for an escape when things are going wrong in life or even when they're going good. I can make a banger or a club hit anyday but I'd rather reach people on a personal level.

10.   What do you hope to do with your music?

I hope to take it around the world. I'd love to travel and get to meet my fans, work with my favorite artists and do things I was never able to do before. I just want everyday to be new and unexpected and I think this job is the perfect thing for that. 

11.   Where do you see the generation heading?

Honestly, I couldn't tell you. Anything can happen. The generation is quite corrupted right now but if we replace our material things and "fake" personas with morals and positive actions I think we could have a fighting chance. Always hope for the best! 

12.   Is there any advice you'd like to give to young aspiring producers ?

All I can say is be you and stay consistent if you're passionate about it. Never follow, always lead. And be original. No one wants to hear the same shit that was played last week. As long as you keep a positive, accepting attitude toward the world and those around you, anything is possible. 

13.   What projects should we be on the lookout for in the near future?

My upcoming full length mixtape "Yesterday's Absence, Today's Return" should be coming out soon. I'm shooting for March 2014. Need to do another video and finalize the track list. It might take a while but I'm not rushing this one. I'm proud of this work so bare with me!!! 

14.   Any shout outs?
Of course!! Shout out to my team, my wonderful family, my Enterprise family, my OSO family, my long lost brothers Masetti and Jokerr, my manager John, John Dillinger and everyone at The Stu 860, and of course all my beloved fans. Let's take this movement all the way!!!! 


Social Media:

Comments