Death Chamberz Music Interview Ryan Turner (Click N Spark Productions)
Death Chamberz Music Interview Ryan Turner (Click N Spark Productions)
1. How did you get your name?
Honestly, funny enough, I got the name from the back of Fabolous'
first CD. I think Click N Spark is like track 2.
2. What inspired you to become a producer?
I've played the trumpet since 7th grade and always enjoyed music.
Even when my mother was pregnant with me she would put headphones on
her belly and let jazz and r&b play to me.
3. When and how did you start? And have you created any records
yet? or mixtape?
I started back in High School but got serious in college. I've
created a number of records, more major unreleased records as of yet
but, the most notable major release would be from the Nappy Roots
entitled "Black Friday". I've also created a previous Beat Tape
entitled, "I Hate You Ryan Turner".
4. What’s your favorite thing to do when you aren’t
writing/producing/playing etc?
I spend a lot of time, researching ways to improve myself and those
around me. Looking for investment opportunities and business
ventures.
5. Who are your musical inspirations?
Timbaland, the Neptunes, Nottz, Teddy Riley, all hometown guys that
did alot with their dreams.
6. What kind of music do you listen to today?
The question should be what kind of music DON'T I listen to, lol. I
listen to everything, my Pandora and my iPhone have the most random of
playlists.
7. What surprises would we find in your music collection?
If you knew me then nothing would surprise you in my music collection.
Everything from Rick Ross to Feist to Flying Lotus to Kate Havenik to
Daft Punk to Lily Allen round out my music collection.
8. Todays music is about collaborations what "hot" rapper out
now, you would love to work with on a project?
Anybody doing something forward moving is someone that I'd like to work with.
9. What do you think your listeners will get out of your music?
Hopefully they hear the round and collective sound that I'm attempting
to put together. Fusing hip hop and r&b and jazz and anything else I
can get my ears on.
10. What do you hope to do with your music?
Be happy creating it. And make others happy doing so.
11. Where do you see the generation heading?
The generation is that of dreamers. It can go wherever it wants to.
12. Is there any advice you'd like to give to young aspiring producers ?
When you want to quit. Think about those who say you should or don't
support you. Think about them getting the best of you. And when it
wakes you up at 3 or 4 am. Then you know its for you.
13. What projects should we be on the lookout for in the near future?
I don't want to jinx anything. Keep me in your prayers! That's all I
can say or ask!
14. Any shout outs?
Shoutout EVERYONE. Love, Blessings and allat from Ryan Turner.
Comments
Post a Comment