Death Chamberz Music Interview Mr. King

Death Chamberz Music Interview Mr. King 


1.       How did you get your name?


My name...

I originally was called "City Flow" by my peers because I was always everywhere different areas every week. I was rapping different the early days I was more into the gutter  talk and drug talk because I was into the lifestyle but as I grew older and moved out the Bronx the MrKing came about with my growth. My government is Hugo King so it's simply my last name. The term King is used frequently these days but I truly am under-rated and have been given the pass by numerous artists of higher stature than me. I take my name serious and when you listen to my music you can tell.


2.    What inspired you to become a artist?



Reason to be a artist.....
I was always a fan of music, at the same time I had to sneak around in my house hiding my Walkman from my parents especially the content I was listening to. A major reason I loved music so much was because I was raised to be a athlete from a baby, my father was very demanding of me and put me in camps and the best schools at a young age. It was a form of expression I was searching for.


3.       When and how  did you start? And have you created any records yet? or mixtape?



When and How...
I started around 15,16... Me n my homeboys used to chill on the block around the old heads in the park smoking and drinking. My homies was real wild they always was getting locked up and getting money. I came up with 2 parents in my household unlike most of them so I was going home to speeches and lectures about what's going to happen if I kept hanging out. My homie was into rapping from a early age so I started go to the studio with him that's where I got a feel and want to record to make songs.



Mixtape
Yea I have one mixtape on reverbnation.com under "MrKingDVR" which was released in June2013 right before my first "album" DVR - Dreams Vs. Reality on datpiff.com. The mixtape was Engineered by Leland Gurrieri and DVR the album was recorded by Shakiah Asquith in Kingston NY.


4.       What’s your favorite thing to do when you aren’t writing/producing/playing etc?



Favorite Thing To Do Writing..
Haha Ima smoker more than drinker ... I actually like to write in my moms crib in the hood. I write alone most of the time. I still use the notebook, I do the I-phone thing sometimes but when working on real album shyt I'm on the notebook.


5.       Who are your musical inspirations?



Inspirations...
My close friends, my mother and father, and I refuse to be a average Niga... I have plans and dreams to get Grammys I will not be a average person on a paycheck. My inspirations comes from seeing my peers on government cheese, the letters I get from my nigas in prison, and when I do a show.. my homies have the time of they life on stage with me. It feels like I'm the last hope for my nigas everybody already had they shot at change we getting old. Music is my college my way out...


6.       What kind of music do you listen to today?



What Do I listen To...
I listen to lots of T.I he's my favorite artist to listen to. My favorite rapper of all time is hard to say its a toss up from BigL, BigPun, Big, Jadakiss, Hov, damm dawg I don't know haha.. I'm a music fan I listen to it all really though, I'm from a hood with lots of Jamican's so I listen to reggae a lot also. I listen to it all. I went through phases though haha, I was a DMX fan then Hov, Big Pun, BigL, Eminem, D-Block, Dip-Set of course. I really like the "Lost Boys" and    "Wu-Tang" classics right there.
The south has my ear I always was a Jeezy fan, Project Pat, BunB. Out west its T.D.E, And The Older Legends from out there. I like it all.


7.       What surprises would we find in your music collection?



Surprises in my music
Maybe that I like to get creative making songs like "Higher Altitude", "In The Sky, or "California". I like playing with numerous sounds and styles of music. People know I can rap "bars" like freestyles but I like making stories and feel good music.


8.       Todays music is about collaborations what "hot" rapper out now, you would love to work with on a project?


Collaborations

I would like to Collab with RnB artists like Jhene Aiko, or Adele, if I had to choose rap I would say Jadakiss, Jay-Z, Kendrick, Schoolboy, I like those dudes.


9.       What do you think your listeners will get out of your music?



Listeners will get....
Heart felt music, real pain expressed, good vibes, and timeless music. I want to be remembered as a artist who made a difference.


10.   What do you hope to do with your music?



Hope to do with my music...
I hope to travel the world, win Grammys, touch people, influence a change. Really have to move my mother out the ghetto.


11.   Where do you see the generation heading?



The Generation..
Is headed in a good direction which is un-predictable. I never really think about stuff like that because life is short and you just gota live it and enjoy yourself.


12.   Is there any advice you'd like to give to young aspiring producers



Aspiring producers..
I'm not a producer so all ima say is grind hard and send your beats to mrkingdboy@gmail.com haha.


13.   What projects should we be on the lookout for in the near future?



Projects...
Yea My label SUCKAFREE ENT. Is dropping a mixtape dec.25th Christmas Day. I'm also dropping a EP called "Pure" soon, no real date yet, but it's dropping.



Shout outs...
My mother and father, my hood, my team suckafree, my oohway team, dutches and coffee, Brad Butter, uptown, DJ Buffalo, DJ Doowyah, DJ BaronJ, Skyhook Dream Co. And all my fans, my supporters, RIP Gramdma, RIP Snoop.. Peace n Love.

Comments