Interview of Scarhop

Don't forget where you find the best independent music and follow on twitter @deathchamberz















1.       How did you get your name?
At first I was a graffer called '' Scar '' and when I decided to make rhymes I added the word hop of '' hip hop '' so I mixed the two words to create the alias ScarHop . The scars have been part of my life, for example when my father was a tumour in his head and almost died for that so he has a big scar in it, or when I broke my ligament during a martial art training getting a big scar in my right knee after a operation, then joking my father in the hospital gifted me a special edition of the film '' Scarface ''.

 2.    What inspired you to become a rap artist?
I started to listen rap when I was thirteen but it wasn't enough with only listen, whereby I found more exciting to make verses and overcoat it was the big necessity of express myself. But my real inspiration was the fighting against myself and my insecurities during my teenager period in the high school. The rap music as a way of combat, human beings fighting against their limits (racism, exclusion etc), rap as a personal revolution and music in general as a way of freedom was my inspiration to become a rap artist or something like that…

3.       When did you start? And have you created any records yet? or mixtape?
I started doing verses when I was thirteen but I began seriously going hard when I was eighteen. I created two mixtapes with my first group “Flow ConSentido” called '' Escala Mayor '' and '' R de Rap Cabronazos'' and a videoclip called ''Crazy Crisis Crisis'' aside from my three singles.

4.       What's your favourite thing to do when you aren't writing/producing/playing etc?
Apart from being rapper I am actor and I worked in short films, spots and musicals. I practice everyday martial arts ( Ninjutsu , Krav Maga , kung Fu … ) and I am martial art instructor. I love reading as well.

5.       Who are your musical inspirations?
I get the inspiration listening Tupac , Biggie Smalls , Violadores Del Verso , La Corte ,  Big Pun and Slim Shady but I also get inspiration with Erik Satie , Beethoven , Mozart and Stravinsky. But is not only the music which makes me feel inspired, some aspects of life and situations or personal experiences inspire me to do my music.

6.       What kind of music do you listen to today?
I like every type of music as long as that music is great. Today I woke up listening "Party and bullshit" by Notorious Big, took a nap with Amy Winehouse, and I will go to bed listening "4:33" by American composer John Cage.

7.       What surprises would we find in your music collection?
In this moment I cannot think in any surprise, on second thought, you would not find any surprises. Because I do not show my music collection it's a top secret. Nor I borrow my old vinyl, because nobody returns hahaha.

8.       Today music is about collaborations what "hot" rapper out now, you would love to work with on a project?
There are a ton of rappers who are hot and I don't have any special focus in any rapper right now but if I have the opportunity of collaborate with a great Mc and I get along well with him I will go for it.

9.       What do you think your listeners will get out of your music?
The first thing is that everybody who listen my music will enjoy a good moment and they will get fun. Is useless if the listener is listening a good message or speech and suffers or has to cover their ears because he is listening a poor melody or flow. In the other hand as a human being I always have something to say or some story to tell. Everyone has felt '' Critical '' in some moment of their life or they have felt like a king of the party and that means drink over again and it's like '' Round we go '' or the rapper who feels like a '' Rhyme Fighter '' in the notebook when he is inspired. Connect emotions is what I do with my listeners and is a very important aspect in my music.

10.   What do you hope to do with your music?
I hope to represent with my music which connects two important languages like English and Spanish to all latinos and people in the world. I want to be successful in this game and be a good influence to the next generation.

11.   Where do you see the generation heading?
Hip Hop is not dead and this generation is more creative, there are more and more talented and better lyricists. This generation is heading to be original and more diverse

12.   Is there any advice you'd like to give to young aspiring rappers?
My advice is to work hard, play hard, go hard everyday and look after being mediocre.

13.   What projects should we be on the lookout for in the near future?
Nowadays I am working in my first album and in the near future it will be released a mixtape called Street Games Vol 1 ( HHCF ) in October where I participate with rappers like Rakaa Iriscience , Ray Luv or Hieroglyphics. Stay tuned because it will be a great stuff.

14.   Any shoutouts?
Shout out to Adisa Banjoko from Hip Hop Chess Federation who is working beyond the rap with chess and martial arts and I take the opportunity to greet my partners of my radio show ´´ MetaRap´´ Sergio Gonzales and Mariana Salazar. Of course shout out to all my followers on US, Canada, Europe and Latino America who are helping me to grow more and more everyday.

MORE INFO HERE : 

Web page : 





SOCIAL NETWORKING : 


https://twitter.com/mcscarhop         ( TWITTER ) 

Comments

Popular Posts