Death Chamberz Music Interview- Saga

Death   Chamberz Music Interview- Saga


1.       How did you get your name?

 I wanted it to sound similar to SEGA cause I messed with that system heavy as a kid but I didn't actually want folks to call me Sega. At the time I was reading this graphic novel that has some sick artwork and it was called SAGA. So I rocked with it. Later, I found out that a Saga is a viking story so that was just added bonus cause Viking culture is dope.
2.    What inspired you to become producers? 

Well, I don't really produce but I track instruments for producers all the time. 

3.       When and how  did you start?

 And have you created any records yet? or mixtape? I started rapping when I was 12 but sucked so I stopped doing that and started playing guitar and singing. All kinds of genres, just vibing. Then about a year ago I just started back spitting like I never stopped and folks were like, " you should rock with that." So I did. I just dropped my first EP, " The Danger Room" and I'm going to be dropping another project called Lockness Monster or maybe I'll call it  " O ". Not sure yet.

4.       What’s your favorite thing to do when you aren’t writing/producing/playing etc?

Watch anime, drink hella beers, kick it with my homies, read. I'm always reading something. I work two jobs right now so not alot of time.

5.       Who are your musical inspirations? 

Shit, this one band called Colour Revolt. Those niggas go off. Ghostface Killah, I can't even think of any right now but hella people have inspired me at different times in life.

6.       What kind of music do you listen to today?

 I'm listening to hella post-punk, some 1970s South American shit, hella hip-hop and also some musicals. Just vibing on most things.

7.       What surprises would we find in your music collection? 

DJ Ouik- Quik is the Name, Clipse- Lord Wilin', Cursive-Domestica, and people would see that I got more weird shit than hip-hop. Like a nigga used to listen to some strange shit. BOREDOMS. If you haven't heard them go peep that.

8.       Todays music is about collaborations what "hot" rapper out now, you would love to work with on a project? Action Bronson for sure. That's my guy. Meecy Darko from Flatbush, Danny Brown, Pusha T, Ghostface Killah, Evidence, Domo Genesis and Alex Wiley. All of them.

9.       What do you think your listeners will get out of your music? 

I want people to laugh more than anything so I hope they do that shit cause most of my stuff is dark and morbid but there's hints of comedy kinda like I'm just laughing at how silly a nigga gets or past things that have happened to me that fucked me up I try to make funny and give em a little light.

10.   What do you hope to do with your music?

I want to tour more than anything so that.

11.   Where do you see the generation heading?

Not really in a great place but not by their doing. Past generations have done hella damage without even noticing. So even though kids are becoming more perceptive at an earlier age they already have so many other things in place working against them. We're oversexed, overloaded mentally and over-advertised as a culture. 

12.   Is there any advice you'd like to give to young aspiring artist ? 

Make sure you don't bite the people you love. Also, make your art out of emotion.

13.   What projects should we be on the lookout for in the near future?

 My next one. It's gonna be called " O " or " Lockness Monster ". It will be another collab EP with my good homie D.D.C. He's out of Memphis, TN.

14.   Any shout outs? 

Shout out to Frezzy, Skategod, Carl X, Bxb Nvrley 1000 and all the Skategang and RBM folks. Shout out to Rob Sims and Mike Lupo at Steady on the Clock. And shout out to everyone listening to my music or who will.


Comments

Popular Posts