@KingofMarco #ObscureReality

"There is a rebirth brewing on the Memphis Hip Hop scene and Marco Pave`, is poised to lead the revival. This born and bred Memphis native is an amazing lyricist with a distinct style and charisma that appeals to the triple crown of rap enthusiasts: the purists, the radio lovers and the eclectic hipster. With a laid back demeanor that contradicts his energetic music and performance style."
"This is my neighborhood. I'm from Crosstown. Well, most people would consider it North Memphis. I'm North Memphis born and raised. I've been rapping for ten years, but professionally, one-and-a-half, going on two years now. My real name Tauheed Rahim II. It's my government name (laughs). It comes from my Islamic background. My parents are Muslim, and I was raised a Muslim child, and that influences a lot of my music because I saw two different sides [of life] growing up in North Memphis. I could go inside and maybe get in trouble for doing something bad because my dad always stayed on me. Or I could go outside and see crime. I wouldn't say it was great, but it really molded my future, because I could see both sides of the fence."

Memphis, Tennessee is known for birthing some of the industry's most raunchy gangster rappers but a new generation is trying to make their presence felt, a more lighthearted, lyrically inclined generation. And a 21-year-old emcee by the name of Marco Pavé is on a mission to grab his spot in the "New Memphis" movement. Marco Pavé, is poised to lead the revival. This Born and Bred Memphis native is an amazing lyricist with a distinct style and charisma that appeals to the triple crown of rap enthusiasts: the purists, the radio lovers and the eclectic hipster. With a laid back demeanor that contradicts his energetic music and performance style Marco explains: “I make music for everyone. I like to cross genres, rock with hip-hop, hip hop with dub step, etc. but what I love most is to just drop straight through on a beat, telling a deep ass story that
Born Tauheed Rahim II, Pavé has been rapping since the tender age of 8. Influenced by Hip-Hop heavyweights like Tupac and Jay-Z, he has set out to make music that will separate him from his grimy Memphis rap counterparts
Music was not always at the top of his list but during his freshman year in high school, Pavé had a near-death experience when he was nearly shot in the face by his best friend. " I felt like I must be here for a reason. From that point on I never took my music lightly again."
Marco begin seriously pursuing music in 2012. While he originally thought that being a rapper was only about making music, he slowly came to realize that it takes more than releasing music to actually build a fan base.
Fast-forward to 2013 and Marco Pave begin his performance assault on the local music scene. Starting out on the Open Mic Scene Pave honed his skills at local events such as: The Word and HypeLife Local Artist Showcase. After a couple of months his hard work paid off and Marco Pave found himself opening up for Skewby at the Historic Hi Tone. Marco has shared the same stage with major artist such as Waka Flocka, MGK, and Haystak.
Committed to his community as well as his music, Marco Pave begins to use his music to positively impact those around him. Marco Pave created “Books on Beale” a benefit concert that promotes literacy in the Mid-South. The concert featured over 12 local acts and over 15 sponsors who collectively pooled over 20,000 in resources. Books on Beale led to Nat Atkin Director of Storybooth at Crosstown Arts to name a future Library after Marco Pave'.
Rounding out an astounding 2013; Marco was featured in best-selling author Dr. Joyce Knudsen's book Successful Failures. The book featured a Grammy award winning artist, a Top Ten American Idol contestant and many more. Marco was contacted by Mayor AC Wharton to create a song that focused on several key issues within the city of Memphis. That led me to my single "Dividends" featuring DJ Quinn Raynor. That song has been featured in over 30 blogs and is scheduled to air on WYPL Channel 18 in early 2014.
Marco was also honored to work with Koopsta Knicca from 3 6 mafia on a song for MTV's True Life documentary. The episode True Life: I'm in a mixed weight relationship is scheduled to air sometime in 2014. 2013 ended with Pave appearing on several local television shows and signing a publishing deal with Simply Grand Music. After seeing how far his talent and drive can take him in only a year’s time, the potential for 2014 is endless. Marco plans to keep his momentum going by Performing during DreamFest Weekend as a featured artist for Memphis Hip Hop Unplugged. In February Marco pave is scheduled to hit the road with YMCMB’s newest artist, Kevin Gates. When asked what can his fans expect from him this year? Pave answered simply “The unexpected”.

Comments

Popular Posts