Death Chamberz Music Interview Chaos

Death Chamberz Music Interview Chaos


 Displaying Corinthians1.jpg


1.       How did you get your name?
 I received my name from my mother at birth. Chaos was actually supposed to be my birthname but my grandparents didn't like it too well. I also go by a lot of different aliases that have grown on me over the years. 
 
2.    What inspired you to become producers?
I was inspired to produce once i realized nobody can make the type of beats i wanted. Alot of my music is very personalized and I'm particular about how i want my music to sound and come together. I'd rather do it all myself than not be satisfied with the music I put out.

3.       When and how  did you start? And have you created any records yet? or mixtape?
I've been loving music since before i could talk. It all came naturally, I made my first little song around 6 made my first beat around 10, first recorded track and first mixtape around 12, and now i'm 9 mixtapes in and blessed to have had the opportunity to progress and do what I love.
 
4.       What’s your favorite thing to do when you aren’t writing/producing/playing etc?
I love playing basketball, I also engineer for other artists doing their mixing and mastering.  
 
5.       Who are your musical inspirations?
Man this list can go one for a decade. I'm generally inspired by everything but it's obvious a few of my influences are Tupac, Bone Thugs-N-Harmony, Outkast, but even a few artists have helped inspire me.
 
6.       What kind of music do you listen to today?
I try to listen to everything. I'll try it all at least once. I'm currently listening to a lot of Ab-Soul, Kendrick Lamar, SZA, Isaiah Rashad, TDE pretty much as a whole, then I'm listening  to G Mo Skee and A-1 out the Bay Area. I also have had an interest in more 90's alternative music listening to Kurt Cobain's whole discography and other similar artists.This is another list that will never end.
 
7.       What surprises would we find in your music collection?
You'll find Ke$ha's "Blow" (Deconstructed) in there and Lady Gaga "Paparazzi" (Acoustic-piano) in my music collection. I generally don't follow pop artists or like Pop music but a lot of them are really talented and it's overshadowed by overpowered synths and effects. Raw is better in a lot of cases
 
8.       Todays music is about collaborations what "hot" rapper out now, you would love to work with on a project?
I'd love to work with Big Krit on a project, he's a renaissance artist, something i like to see myself as in most cases. He brings so much to the table, it'd truly be an honor. Other artists on this list would include Erykah Badu, Jhene Aiko, Migos, T.I, Chance The Rapper, Ab-Soul, Dizzy Wright, The Weeknd, Childish Gambino, Mac Miller, Pusha T, and CyHi The Prince. 
 
9.       What do you think your listeners will get out of your music?
Alot of stories, something to figure out but something sensible enough to understand. I hope to have in-depth intimate interviews in the future about my projects and how the pieces come together and get to help my listeners understand the music I'm putting out. I just hope they enjoy my art, and if not I'll keep doing what I do and I'll win you over some day, but artistic compromise diminishes the culture, I don't care if i'm obscene, too honest, or "unmarketable". you can sell your nose hairs with the right pitch, marketability is subjective, and diversity is beautiful so do you and change for no one. 

10.   What do you hope to do with your music? 
How cliche would it be for me to say change the world?   I hope to inspire others and lift spirits. I want my music to not only survive an apocalypse, I want it to be powerful enough to fuel one. I make riot music, it is a destructive unity that look and sound disorganized and unruly but that what make it so great. It burns with passion and hunger. A hunger I hope to never lose, and if i do lose that hunger i'm done, that means my mission is complete. 
 
11.   Where do you see the generation heading?
We are the mixture of everything from the past generations. We experience everything they did, on different levels. We fight for things they fought for all their life. This generation is headed for self-destruction or we are headed toward a resolution.
   
12.   Is there any advice you'd like to give to young aspiring artist ?
Keep pushing. Find your lane and destroy everything in your way on it. Do not half-ass your music, keep doing it till your're good, then never stop progressing.
 
13.   What projects should we be on the lookout for in the near future?
I have an ongoing collective project called ".woulfe" which is a campaign to get our label "Chao Pack" into the public eye. Expect music, a website, videos, shows, guerrilla marketing, and whatever is unexpected expect that. We are trying to establish ourselves as a force in this industry.   

Music-wise I have a lot of songs finished and I'm currently connecting the dots so expect to hear music soon. Just be on the lookout, not gonna give to much detail as to what's coming, Keep your eyes peeled.

14.   Any shout outs?
First off, shoutout to Chao Pack's in-house producer Kool-ID, dude is extremely talented and hasn't even scratched his full potential. I definitely consider him a legend in the making. Shoutout to my brother Antonio, Sophomore is coming soon. Shoutout to everybody who has been supporting me, shoutout to Shamyr who recently just featured my on his latest EP. Also, big shoutout to Reverie on the West Coast holding it down, and shoutout to N9ne The Great from the Chi, and the homie iLL Conscience in New York check out his OIAM. Shoutout to Obi and Dante we need to connect and big ups to Deante Hitchcock, I see you moving. Shoutout to Rello, Smac, XZ and Ferg too.



Comments

Popular Posts