Death Chamberz Music JKJ Interview

Death Chamberz Music JKJ Interview 

1.       How did you get your name?

I wanted a Name that was easily recognizable, original, and that represented me well. I came up with the idea to use my initials, which is JKJ. My friends later also added different meanings to it such as 'Just Kill Joints'.

2.    What inspired you to become a rapper?

I've honestly loved writing since the first grade, I used to try writing books and everything. I was big into poetry too, and tried writing songs early on but didn't quite understand the song writing format back then. I feel like music is a part of everyday life, and its something essential to living, and its always been the best for of expression to me, so that made me really want to go full force.

3.       When and how  did you start? And have you created any records yet? or mixtape?

I started making songs and recording in the 7th grade, but wasn't full throttle with my music until 2010, when I was 19. I've since dropped 10 projects, 2 being albums, and 8 mix tapes. I love to make music, so I am constantly creating and putting out music. 

4.       What’s your favorite thing to do when you aren’t writing/producing/playing etc?

My favorite thing would be researching my craft. I watch a lot of interviews, read up on a lot of hip-hop news, and listen to a lot of other artists to assess where Im at or see who intrigues me. A lot of artists actually hit me up for music advice, so I take pride in being that sense of knowledge for them.

5.       Who are your musical inspirations?

My musical inspirations would have to be my friends Matty and Dre who passed away years ago. Matty started out doing music when I did (15 & 14) and we always talked about doing shows, and Dre was a huge supporter from they day I started, and always believed in me, told me to never stop so I feel like I do a lot of this for them. Artist wise, my inspirations would be Eminem, Dmx, 50 Cent, and two local artists Im affiliated with, Palermo Stone & Scoot.

6.       What kind of music do you listen to today?

I listen to everything Local to mainstream in Hip-Hop. I Love this music and the culture, so I really dive into it all and can find things I like in ALMOST all sub-genres of Hip-Hop

7.       What surprises would we find in your music collection?

My favorite band is the Fray believe it or not lol. So you'd find them, some Bruno Mars, & Adele. I like different types of music for different Situations and Moods.  

8.       Todays music is about collaborations what "hot" rapper out now, you would love to work with on a project?

I would love to work with Ab-Soul, Chance The Rapper, Big K.R.I.T., Cyhi, Schoolboy Q, or Taylor Bennett. They're all different artists to me, but they're all extremely talented individuals that I feel I would create incredible music with.

9.       What do you think your listeners will get out of your music?

I think they'll get inspiration and and a new outlook from my music. I come from a rough environment, but I don't lie in my music. I don't say Im in these streets doing this and that, because I'm not. But I've seen it, and lost a lot of friends to it. I've had people tell me my music got them through tough situations and things of that nature, so I know what Im doing is working how I'd like it to.

10.   What do you hope to do with your music?

I hope to change lives, and inspire people to open their minds. Stop being a drone, and really think for yourself. I hope to make a change in the culture, and to make a living off of this so that I can do more for my city, family and friends. I wanna help people chase dreams.

11.   Where do you see the generation heading?

Most people like to point out the negative in our generation, but I really think we're more accepting of people and their creativity these days. People aren't so much running to College as their only option anymore, they're following their hearts and becoming photographers, videographers, rappers, singers, models etc. I feel like we should be encouraging more kids to do that. When we say 'You can be anything when you grow up' push them to realy follow that.

12.   Is there any advice you'd like to give to young aspiring artist ?

My advice, is ignore the negative outsiders who tell you to stop. And whatever negativity you have in your life, use it to fuel your music in a positive manner, many people can learn from what you go through. 

13.   What projects should we be on the lookout for in the near future?

I just dropped my most recent project 'JORDAN' last month. I also have a collaboration project with Palermo Stone called 'Hey Young World 3' dropping sometime at the end of the year, as well as 2 solo projects I can't discuss yet. But a lot of music involving me will be heard this year. 

14.   Any shout outs?

Shout out to my Wonder HitZ homies, My engineer Roscoe Wiki, All of the producers I work with who are very good to me, My family and lost loved ones, My Manager JLeazy, and of course my R.A.R.E. Nation fam. And Shout out to my supporters, better known as 'THE NATION!' Im blessed to have you all in my corner 

Comments

Popular Posts