Death Chamberz Music Interview - SIC ILL | @SIC_ILL

Death   Chamberz Music Interview - SIC ILL | @SIC_ILL
Displaying SIC ILL - Photodemic - ALBUM COVER - 2014.jpg
1.       How did you get your name?

I got my name from being a volunteer at a local hospital since I was in 9th grade. I used to say "It's time to get sick-ill at the hospital" and the phrase started to grow on me. 

2.    What inspired you to become producers?

I became a producer because I got tired of paying people for beats. I picked up a few beat machines like the electribe and a akai one and startd pumpin em out.

3.       When and how  did you start? And have you created any records yet? or mixtape?

I started out performing at 14 and 15 at two local Seattle area venues, Shakabra Java and Jazzbones performing raps in front of coffee drinkers and hardcore rockers. I have a few unofficial albums and mixtapes, but I'm mostly known for being able to put together visual albums, which is a collection of videos from every track of my mixtapes. The visual albums are actually kinda popular on youtube.

4.       What’s your favorite thing to do when you aren’t writing/producing/playing etc?

I enjoy graphic design on my spare time. I actually had the opportunity to instruct youngsters 6-18 at performing art facility [D.A.S.H. Center] which I also enjoyed.

5.       Who are your musical inspirations?

My musical inspirations are Eminem, Nas, 2pac, Bizzy Bone, MF Doom

6.       What kind of music do you listen to today?

Right now I'm feeling Kevin Gates and Isaiah Rashad. I'm also a big bay area rap fan.

7.       What surprises would we find in your music collection?

Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Tool, Korn, Katy B, Chino XL

8.       Todays music is about collaborations what "hot" rapper out now, you would love to work with on a project?

Since I'm from the Seattle area, I would say the hot rapper I would love to work with would be Macklemore.

9.       What do you think your listeners will get out of your music?

Listeners should get the feeling that my music is not about bling and hoes and more skills and flows.

10.   What do you hope to do with your music?

I hope to eventually place my music in video games, then I could stop making video game parody raps lol.

11.   Where do you see the generation heading?

I see the new generation going back to the golden age of hip-hop in the 90's and finding out all the different styles there used to be.

12.   Is there any advice you'd like to give to young aspiring artist ?

My advice to aspiring artist would be to do as much things that you feel comfortable doing with your music because every edge counts in the long run.


13.   What projects should we be on the lookout for in the near future?

Projects in the future to look out for would be another Streetdemic industry mixtape, Photodemic [Official Album], VICDEMIC 5678 produced by Victor Herman, and more 100% crazy/Inspired animated music videos.

14.   Any shout outs?

I'd like to give a shout out to Northwest best chicano rap group Golden Brown Entertainment: Ese Cricket/Endub Mexican, Neno Brownz and New Vision. Also Tom Hutch, Chasten Tha Don, DJ Ice Man, Kept See, Josh Rizeberg, My 253 and 206 Zulu Nation family, Victor Herman, Mike Myth, Natate Productions, Thurge Beats, Suntonio Bandanaz, Julie C, Larry Mizell Jr., Rockwell Powers, The Breaklites, Scott Elkins, Tim-E, Rachel Minnick, Erak Tree, Tac Town Clownin, PME, Scott Whinnery, Jake Moore, Cole Z, Lola Eaglespeaker, Jai Dash, Shorte Ru, Deborah Halasz, DJ Luvva J, Thunderchief, Greg Double, Blue Nose MUsic, General Wojack, Chris Crazyie, 50 Cal, Factor Dirty Gates Ent., Maddteck, Silas, Neema, DJ Gerze, Weaz, Tiny Lokota, Brian Get Inked, JG & L's and all the blogs/websites that ever supported me.

Comments

Popular Posts