DeathChamberz Music Interview of Jeff Jericho

DeathChamberz Music Interview of Jeff Jericho
Inline image 1

1.       How did you get your name?

My name was more of a strategic pick then having a particular meaning, A first and last name lowers the chances of another artist having the same name. If you put in the time and effort, you can't afford the confusion.

2.    What inspired you to become a artist?

  I was inspired to become a hip-hop artist from classic albums like Doggystyle, Reasonable Doubt, 36 Chambers, and Outkasts ATLiens..

3.       When and how  did you start? And have you created any records yet? or mixtape?

I started rapping when I was about 15 and didn't begin recording studio records until I was about 23.  My latest release is titled "The Jericho Experience", in stores April 22, 2014.

4.       What’s your favorite thing to do when you aren’t writing/producing/playing etc?

4. I'm a health freak and spend a lot of time at the gym, so if it's not writing music or working out, then it's a night out in my home town.

5.       Who are your musical inspirations?

5. My musical inspirations are Tupac, Jay-Z, Nas, Andre 3000, and Snoop Dogg.. aka Snoop Lion; mostly people from the golden era.

6.       What kind of music do you listen to today?

 I listen to a variety of music, not just hip-hop but also artists like The Weeknd, One Republic, Imagine Dragons, Mikky Ekko, and Miguel.

7.       What surprises would we find in your music collection?

 I think the surprises in my music collection would be the variety of styles I can incorporate into my music along with the amount of truth I decide to reveal about personal matters.

8.       Todays music is about collaborations what "hot" rapper out now, you would love to work with on a project?

. Rappers in today's game that I would like to collaborate with would be Childish Gambino, J. Cole, and Kendrick Lamar. I think it would make for interesting music, definitely good substance.

9.       What do you think your listeners will get out of your music?

 I think when people here my music they'll walk away feeling like they know me.  Especially with my latest album "The Jericho Experience" it really is a day in the life.

10.   What do you hope to do with your music?

 All I can ask for when it comes to my hopes with my music is to leave a lasting impression on the culture, preferably a good one.

11.   Where do you see the generation heading?

I'm not sure where I see the generation heading.  Hip-hop was in a slump for a long time but has recently shown promise.  Nothings new under the sun, now that hip-hop has been around for almost 35 years or so, your starting to see it mature and get past some of the growing pains that come with huge commercialization.  I feel like hip-hop is starting to come full circle, people are trying to get back to doing records that touch people and are easy for people to relate to.

12.   Is there any advice you'd like to give to young aspiring artist ?

 Some advice I would like to give to young aspiring artists is to just do you.  Don't try and be something your not because the truth will be revealed. Everybody's life has interesting aspects, you just gotta learn how to tap into it and tell it in an interesting way.

13.   What projects should we be on the lookout for in the near future?

 Definitely be on the lookout for my new album "The Jericho Experience".  It's a concept album that takes place somewhere between 7pm and 4am.  I think people will really appreciate its originality and the way the songs tie into each other.  Nothing on the album was done without purpose.  Got some great visuals coming in the near future too.

14.   Any shout outs?

 I want to shout out Death Chamberz for the support.  Shout outs to my producers; J-Myth, DeUno, and Tariq Beats... it's not just business, it's fam.


Comments

Popular Posts