Death Chamberz Music Interview of Henry Stuart @MidnightMembers @SirHenryJStuart


Death   Chamberz Music Interview of Henry Stuart 



1.       How did you get your name?
I used to work at a summer camp in Minnesota and this kid would run around and talk about some guy named 'Henry Stuart' and as a joke, I changed my facebook name to Henry Stuart and it just sort of stuck.

2.    What inspired you to become a artist?
I remember, I was in 6th grade and I was in San Diego riding in a car with my pops. Thats the first time I heard Kanye West. Ever since then, I've wanted to be a musician. I grew up around alot of great music but that solidified that dream for me.

3.       When and how  did you start? And have you created any records yet? or mixtape?
As soon as I got home from California in 6th grade I started making beats. I have a few beat tapes out online but Ocean is my first project as an artist. I have another album, Trippy Circus, coming out with a group that I'm apart of called MIdnightSociety (@MidnightMembers)

4.       What’s your favorite thing to do when you aren’t writing/producing/playing etc?
 My favorite thing to do is to call every and anyone who is around me into the room I'm working in, I don't care if youre outside or across the street, and I just play it and see what people think. Other than that, I'm extra secretive about who gets a chance to listen to what I'm working on. I only want to put my best foot forward.

5.       Who are your musical inspirations?
My biggest inspiration is Kanye West. I love OutKast. I love Pharrell. Those are huge influences. Maxwell is another huge one for me. I love Neo-Soul music. Right now I'm super into the young rappers coming out of Chicago like Chance, Vic, Wiley, Caleb James and Kimbe. They're killing shit. I'm also a huge Gambino fan.

6.       What kind of music do you listen to today?
I literally listen to everything that I can get my hands on! But while making Ocean, I was listening (and still am) to alot of Chill Wave. I listen to alot of Midnight Society too! (PLUG PLUG PLUG!) 

7.       What surprises would we find in your music collection?
Surprises... Unreleased Nick Cannon mixtapes.

8.       Todays music is about collaborations what "hot" rapper out now, you would love to work with on a project?
 I want to get into the studio with Gambino right now. I want to get in the studio with Vic Mensa. I want to get in the studio with Banks, Marz Lovejoy, Tinashe. I would work on a few songs with Nipsey Hussle and Dom Kennedy too, those been my guys for a minute

9.       What do you think your listeners will get out of your music?
Experience

10.   What do you hope to do with your music?
I want Ocean to be on multiple year end lists for 2014. I will also become my generations new and improved Rick Rubin.


11.   Where do you see the generation heading?
nto oblivion. The internet is the most amazing invention in the history of man but... its also the most destructive invention is human history. I'm interested to see where the world goes from here. Everything need to be innovative.

12.   Is there any advice you'd like to give to young aspiring artist ?
You have the internet. You can do anything that you want.

13.   What projects should we be on the lookout for in the near future?
Ocean by Henry Stuart and Trippy Circus by Midnight Society.

14.   Any shout outs?
 I want to shout out the creator for giving me this gift. And I would like to thank you all for being reflections of this gift.

Comments

Popular Posts