Death Chamberz Music Jimmy Heights

Death Chamberz Music Jimmy Heights 
Inline image 1

1.       How did you get your name?
Well at first my artist name was Hazard. I had a good run with it and felt that I made great progression with it. Then on the day of my high school graduation last year, I felt like I needed a more marketable name. Something that was mature but yet catchy. I took Jimmy from my late friend who passed and Heights from where I was born and raised, Crown Heights, Brooklyn.

2.    What inspired you to become an artist?
From a very young age I was always fascinated and in love with music. My favorite musician of all time has to be Michael Jackson. He got me started with my passion for music. Believe it or not, Bow Wow - What's My Name was the first rap song I ever heard and that's what got me hooked on to rap. From their, I've gotten inspiration from a number of artists from 50 Cent to Lupe Fiasco

3.       When and how  did you start? And have you created any records yet? or mix tape?
I started making music from as young as 8. I bought my first mic and recording software at the age of 11 and from then on, I've probably created thousands of songs. I've had multiple mix tapes, but I believe that last year's mixtapes "Don Quixote" and "Black AmeriKKKa" were my official drops.

4.       What’s your favorite thing to do when you aren’t writing/producing/playing etc?
My favorite thing to do is probably searching the web for crazy things that's happening in the world or even locally. I'm an avid shopper, crazy sneakerhead so I take time looking for kicks too. Other than that a chill day would be chilling with the bros, my girl or playing 2k.

5.       Who are your musical inspirations?
I have a lot of musical inspirations. My biggest one is probably 50 Cent. To see him go from nothing and become one of entertainment's biggest moguls is amazing. Other musical influences are Kanye West just because of his creativity. Lupe Fiasco because of his storytelling rhymes that just catches you and most recently Joey Bada$$ because he's the same age as me, came from the same hood as me, went to school with many of my friends and to see him making strides and doing tours worldwide is amazing. I definitely respect that. Also, I would say every up and coming Brooklyn artist is an inspiration too. I feed off of their determination and will. Listening to those guys and seeing how hard they work makes me work even harder.

6.       What kind of music do you listen to today?
Honestly, I don't really listen to new music from mainstream artists unless it's on the radio or I happen to flip the channel and see it. Although, I'm a big advocate on stopping gun violence, I'm an avid listener of the current Chicago scene. I listen to Lil Durk, Lil Jay, Chief all them guys. 

7.       What surprises would we find in your music collection?
I don't think you would really find any surprises. I don't have nothing to crazy on my phone. I mean I got some Radiohead, Maroon 5, Owl City and Plain White T's. I think those guys are dope.

8.       Todays music is about collaborations what "hot" rapper out now, you would love to work with on a project?
I would definitely like to work on something with Kanye West, Kendrick Lamar, Wale, Fabulous. That's just to name a few.

9.       What do you think your listeners will get out of your music?
Just the hunger of a starving artist with a lot of potential. They'll be able to see progression and improvement as the years go along.

10.   What do you hope to do with your music?
With my music I hope to inspire kids from not only where I come from but all over to follow your dreams and never let anyone put you down. Take negative criticism and let it fuel you to make you stronger.

11.   Where do you see the generation heading?
I hope for greatness. I've seen strives of excellence and strides of disappointment with the current generation. I wish the best of success for everyone.

12.   Is there any advice you'd like to give to young aspiring artistes ?
Like I said before keep grinding and make the best of any situation. Never let anyone put you down. But also on some real, don't put all your eggs into being an "artist". There's a million and one artists out there, you can also look into different industries while also working on your music career. Or you can even become a manager or something. A lot of artists not enough managers.

13.   What projects should we be on the lookout for in the near future?
Well right now, I have a project named "Dog Days" which should be dropping later on this year probably in the summer. But I won't rush that project. Right now my main focus is dropping visuals and videos and gaining support from the hip hop community and steadily building my fanbase.

14.   Any shout outs?
First and foremost I would like to shout y'all out, Death Chamberz Music. Thanks for giving me the opportunity. I hope y'all continue to follow and support me. I really appreciate this. I also like to shoutout my mom, my dad, my girlfriend of three years, Ellie and my bros DaiDream, Spec K, Coops, Clyde, Shellz, Denzel, Keeg, Kashif, Tae, Chinks and Kev

Comments

Popular Posts