Death Chamberz Music Interview Money Carsin

Death Chamberz Music Interview Money Carsin
Displaying Money Carsin 1.JPG

1.  How did you get your name?
-- One of my old heads showed me the movie "Miseducation of Sonny Carsin" and i loved it, plus people always called me money since i was a kid because i would try to find any hustle i could. I even used to trade and sell my toys as a kid.

2.  What inspired you to become a artist?
-- My dad took me to the Million Man March and he let me pick any tape i wanted from Tower Records for the bus ride. I picked AZs album "Doe or Die" and the way i could see everything he was saying automatically made me fall in love with hip hop and lyrics.

3.  When and how  did you start? And have you created any records yet? or mixtape?
-- I started rapping with a few of my cousins who where really into making music back in like 2001. We used to pull out the camera and have royal rumble type battles in the attic. We layed a few records at my uncle studio and the way people reacted to the records I knew we had something and started to try and take it serious.  I have the Money Music 3 mixtape hosted by Dame Grease out now as well as my new street album "Jean Jacket Jaffe" out now both on datpiff.com.  I also have about a dozen videos out on YouTube. 

4.  What’s your favorite thing to do when you aren’t writing/producing/playing etc?
-- My favorite thing to do when I'm not making music is to be home with my family. With all the ripping and running involved in this business its great to just kick back and play with my son and daughter. I also play NBA 2k, I honestly might be the best in the world.

5.  Who are your musical inspirations?
-- My uncles where kinda big back in the day with their group "The Ingram Kingdom" so the music is in my blood. But as far as rap and lyrics and what not, AZ, Jadakiss, Joe Budden, Nippsy Hussle and Sean Price are some of the artist that i listen to to keep me on my toes.

6.  What kind of music do you listen to today?
-- I listen to my music the most lol.(just being honest) But l got Troy Ave, Fab, (The Mixtape) French Montana and (the mixtape) Pusha T in rotation. 

7.  What surprises would we find in your music collection?
-- I like a few pop songs that i don't know the name of, but that's only because my 8yr old daughter is always listening to it. lol Good music is good music.

8.  Today's music is about collaborations what "hot" rapper out now, you would love to work with on a project?
-- Well Ive collaborated with Redman, Fred The Godson, Wale and Dame Grease already but id definitely like to rock with Jadakiss, Joe Budden or maybe Fab. really anybody that still takes pride in their bar work. Beats and hooks are cool but lyrics make the MC.

9.  What do you think your listeners will get out of your music?
-- A better understanding of me, my state (New Jersey) and my team as well as what we go through on the daily basis. I really don't rap about things i don't know about or haven't been a part of or whatever.

10.  What do you hope to do with your music?
-- I just wanna make a living off of my music and make sure my family and my team have a chance at this thing called life because day by day it doesn't get any easier out here in dirty Jersey. Yea we party and pop bottles and all that but at the end of the day the goal is to turn the hustle into stability.

11.  Where do you see the generation heading?
-- Honestly it doesn't look good for the generation right now. I'm not 1 to preach because I'm far from perfect and i do my occasional "BS" from time to time, but this generation seems to glorify stupidity and ignorance more and more. When i came up it was never cool to  be a drug addict, but today if you "pop molly" your a boss? When i came up people where in the streets trying to survive but now these kids are in the street just for a image and its not cool at all.

12.  Is there any advice you'd like to give to young aspiring artist ?
-- Yes, stay in school!!!  They need to have a plan B and a plan C while they are at it because this is a dirty game, and even after you make it you can be gone fast as tomorrow comes. 

13.  What projects should we be on the lookout for in the near future?
-- I have the "Money Talks" Ep coming out mid February via iTunes and a mixtape with my team, Black Tuna Gang coming soon after called "BTG Everything".

14. Any shout outs?
--  Its way too many to name, i just want to shout out my whole BTG team, my management, Iluminatti Ent. and everybody in my corner, they know who they are.

Comments

Popular Posts