Death Chamberz Music Interview - KING K.O.N.G.

Death Chamberz Music Interview - KING K.O.N.G.


1.       How did you get your name?

Well, I’m from New York. I just knew I wanted to take over. Immediately I 

thought of King Kong, the acronym was an after thought.

2.    What inspired you to become a rap artist?

I always loved music and would just write for fun with no intention of ever 

recording anything. I would have fun learning every word to songs and 

rap/sing along. I was also going on auditions for acting jobs. I would get 

callbacks and some roles, but it always felt like I was waiting on someone 

to tell me to say words that aren’t mine. I don’t believe an artist should be 

held to one canvas and still enjoy acting. But since I was already writing 

so much, why not add to a culture I love so much?

3.       When did you start? And have you created any records yet? or 

mixtape?

I started writing random bars around 16. It wasn’t until I was 21 that I 

started writing full verses. I’ve put out two EP’s: The K.O.N.G. EP and the 

Wash The Throne EP with AVN. Both are up at www.KingtheKong.com

4.       What’s your favorite thing to do when you aren’t writing/

producing/playing etc?

Hanging out with friends playing sports/video games, listening to music.

5.       Who are your musical inspirations?

Damnn there’s a lotta people I want to name right now. Nas, Tech-N9ne, 

The Roots, DMX, Pink Floyd, 2pac, Busta Rhymes, Ludacris, Frank 

Sinatra, MF Doom, Notorious B.I.G., Eminem, Lauryn Hill, Wu-Tang Clan, 

Guns & Roses, Outkast and way too many others…

6.       What kind of music do you listen to today?

Mostly hip-hop, Action Bronson, Kendrick Lamar, Slaughterhouse, School 

Boy Q, Nas, J.Cole, just depends on the mood.

7.       What surprises would we find in your music collection?

There’s a couple, Billy Joel, Sade, Bing & Satchmo and probably some 

shake that fell out the grinder.

8.       Todays music is about collaborations what "hot" rapper out 

now, you would love to work with on a project?

Action Bronson for sure. The visuals his words give are great.

9.       What do you think your listeners will get out of your music?

Really it’s up to them what they take from it, but hopefully enjoyment.

10.   What do you hope to do with your music?

I hope to creatively open more doors.

11.   Where do you see the generation heading?

To Infinity and Beyond? To be honest I don’t know, probably more of a 

strobe lit, hyper-stimulated mess than it already is.

12.   Is there any advice you'd like to give to young aspiring rappers?

If you want your music to stay pure don’t worry about money.

13.   What projects should we be on the lookout for in the near future?

I got a few in the works. The Kongzilla EP has a lot of energy and should 

be the next project out. It’s produced by Teck-Zilla and AVN has a couple 

of features on it. 

14.   Any shout outs?

Shout outs to my Mama Dukes, JGramm Beats, Teck-Zilla, Fallacy 

AKA Randall Reed, Nick Sirotich, Matt Buck, Josh Karp, Ronin Wood, 

TIMESPENT, Matt Schlemauss, David Goodman, Tommy Mariani

Comments

Popular Posts