Death Chamberz Music Interview J'sar

Death Chamberz Music Interview J'sar

Displaying illadvised4thJsar.jpg
1.       How did you get your name?

I used to rap under the nickname given me by my crew.  I wanted to create a new entity as I ramped up my pursuit of a music career.  My stage name contains elements of my government name.  J'sar is direct reflection of the man behind the microphone, broadcast through speakers.

2.    What inspired you to become a artist?

Music is something that chose me.  I was drawn to it.  Before writing my own lyrics, I would write the words from songs off the radio.  I was sub-consciously teaching myself song structure along the way.  I love when a song makes you feel something.  Eventually, I began to make music that I liked. 

3.       When and how  did you start? And have you created any records yet? or mixtape?

I was writing a few sentences and calling it a song in 1st grade.  In retrospect, had quite a ways to go, lol.  Back then, my sister and I used to record songs on our mother's tape recorder, playing music on one device and recording on that. I took that formula to my friends growing up.  Had my first real studio session towards the end of high school, at The Lab Recordings.  My first solo studio session was 12 hours long.  I've got plenty, plenty records, but I've grown beyond the record and release stage.  I fight to find the patience to have a record fully mixed before I put it out.  

4.       What’s your favorite thing to do when you aren’t writing/producing/playing etc?

I try to answer this question with a non-music related answer.  I watch basketball, football.  I like to check out comedy.  I study how comedians tie a story together from the start of a set to finish.  I'm a beach walker as well, might be out there as early as sunrise, collecting thoughts.  I'm always thinking, if nothing else.

5.       Who are your musical inspirations?

Nas is one of my favorite artist.  I always identified with his point of view on many subjects, we thought the same.  I love what DMX brings to a track.  X give you himself, unbiased, for better or worse.  I'm a RZA fan, when it comes to production.  The sound he created moves my pen.  We all felt the impact of B.I.G. and Pac. I can go on for paragraphs and turn this into a college essay.  I give references to my influences throughout my music all the time.

6.       What kind of music do you listen to today?

There's a variety.  I grew up listening to the "oldies but goodies" on my Grandma's porch.  My sister listened to everything from rap, R&B, to rock n roll.  Of that, I identified with hip-hop the most.  I still listen to the music I grew up on, the 90's hip-hop.  I'm not stuck in the 90's, but I'm loyal to new releases from a Nas, Mobb Deep, Wu-Tang (members).  First and foremost, I'm a hip-hop fan, even with the current state of music.

7.       What surprises would we find in your music collection?

Nowadays artists are so "different", can any thing be considered a surprise?

8.       Todays music is about collaborations what "hot" rapper out now, you would love to work with on a project?

If I had to choose from who's "hot", pair me wit the hottest producers.  The reader can apply this answer to whatever time frame they read this.  I'm all about whatever platform gives be the best chance to be heard.  I hope it's a Virginia producer.

9.       What do you think your listeners will get out of your music?

It's like how Kanye said on Common's track, "I wish I can give you this feeling....".  The listener gets my perspective, my point of view.  Those who listen to my music are given words to explain how they feel.  You see it all the time, song lyrics posted on social sites.  People go to music for that feeling.  Often, people tell me my lyrics explain exactly how they were feeling, but they just don't have that gift with words.  

10.   What do you hope to do with your music?

I want to be heard.  I want to take my music to its peak.  For every fan I've gained to this point, I want to find a couple thousand just like them.  Ideally, it goes from investment to supporting itself and I can be an artist that creates in some shape or form until my last day.

11.   Where do you see the generation heading?

This generation is headed to a weird place.  This is the new disco era.  If its true that everything cycles, in the future, these 30 some year old grandparents of this generation will tell there grandchildren who grew up in the same era stories they already know.

12.   Is there any advice you'd like to give to young aspiring artists ?

Do what you feel.  Know what you're in it for.  What works for one might not work for the other.  Everything in due time.  

13.   What projects should we be on the lookout for in the near future?

I'm currently featured on fellow Virginia native, Nottz Raw's Welcome Home Vol 2.  "More Problems" is the outro track.  That in itself is major to have my track selected by a hip-hop dude like Nottz.  Visitwww.welcomehomemixtapeseries.com for that.  I've got a song currently being mixed by Edward Nixon, chief engineer of the J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League.  I'll come back around to talking more about it as it progresses.  I'm continuously working to progress as an artist and take The J'sar Show to any venue that will have me.  I just want to get out there and get this music heard.

14.   Any shout outs?

Shouts out to Virginia, any and everybody representing the state, regardless of what it is they do.  Want to give a shout out to Death Chamberz Music for hosting me on the blog.  Major shout out to !llmind, the boomtrap sound, the blapkit Sunday crew.  Shouts out to Praverb, as I was introduced to this and various other blogs via him.  Shouts out to the DJ's - much love.  To all those coming across J'sar for the first time, check for me.


Comments

Popular Posts