Death Chamberz Music Interview Arthur Rays

Death   Chamberz Music Interview


1.       How did you get your name?

Arthur is my government name and my boy came up with Arthur Rays it was simple but for some reason I liked it and it just stuck with me.

2.    What inspired you to become a  rapper?

I've been an avid hip hop fan since as long as I can remember. I think as a young kid that loves hip hop so much its just kind of natural to try and write a rhyme. I used to buy single tapes and on the back it always had the instrumental, so I would try to flow on those beats.

3.       When and how  did you start? And have you created any records yet? or mixtape?

At first I kept it to myself and started stacking notebooks full of rhymes. When I found out some of my older homies had a rap group I started spitting for them. It took a while for them to embrace me but eventually I became part of the group. We dropped 2 mixtapes which got a lot of love. We had some radio play in my hometown Farmington, NM. We also opened up for a grip of big artist such as Pit Bull, DMX, Ying Yang Twins, Baby Bash, and many more. The group kind of slowly split up due to everyone growing up and having obligations. Recless is still the click we just don't make music together anymore. I moved out to Phoenix and wasn't ready to stop pushing my music. That's when I got on my solo grind. Since being a solo artist I put out one mixtape "Forever Me" which you can download for free on Reverbnation.com/arthurrays. I'm currently working on my second mixtape should be dropping first part of 2014. The music for this new mixtape is by far the best stuff I've ever recorded.

4.       What’s your favorite thing to do when you aren’t writing/producing/playing etc?

I'm a family man. I have two kids and a beautiful fiance. I'm usually working at the 9-5 gig or chillin with the fam.

5.       Who are your musical inspirations?

Eminem, Big Pun, Nas, Jay-Z, Jadakiss, Cuban Links, Scarface, Tupac, and a bunch of the new cats such as J Cole, Chance the Rapper, Los, Slaughterhouse, Dizzy Wright, Emilio Rojas, and Futuristic who is reppin nice for AZ.

6.       What kind of music do you listen to today?

All the hip-hop that inspires me. If its not lyrical then I cant listen to it.

7.       What surprises would we find in your music collection?

You will for sure find some stuff that seems like it I too young to know about, Being that I'm only 27 I didn't grow up with all the classics but I've went back and did my homework.

8.       Todays music is about collaborations what "hot" rapper out now, you would love to work with on a project?

Eminem without a doubt.

9.       What do you think your listeners will get out of your music?

I think I'm on another lyrically as well I spit real shit. I think that people can relate to the struggle.

10.   What do you hope to do with your music?

Be heard by the masses and inspire people to keep fighting!

11.   Where do you see the generation heading?

A lot of the young kids are confused when it comes to hip hop haha. They think Rick Ross is the best of all time. I hope that the wave of upcoming lyrical cats can fix that.

12.   Is there any advice you'd like to give to young aspiring artist?

Work on your craft every single day. That's the only way you will get better. Listen to dope music, it will inspire you.

13.   What projects should we be on the lookout for in the near future?

I haven't yet announced the title of my next project but I have a unique idea in mind for announcing that. After this mixtape I am going to drop an EP with all original material. It will be a one producer project, I'll be working with my boy Cy Matics on the production.

14.   Any shout outs?

I keep my circle real tight, shout out to the family Folded Arms Production, Stitch Connect Clothing, Shout out to everyone that supports the movement!

Comments

Popular Posts