Death Chamberz Music presents E Major interview



Death   Chamberz Music Interview
Death Chamberz Music presents E Major interview

1.       How did you get your name?
My real name is Ian and even though that starts with an "I" everyone always called me "E" because it's pronounced like "E-in." 
2.    What inspired you to become a rap artist?
Hip Hop has been a part of my life since day one. As a little kid I was drawn to it. As a highschooler I messed around spitting verses and freestyles. Then as I got older I just started taking it more seriously.
3.       When did you start? Tell me about your discography, specifically your most recent full-length.
I started not long after college. I had my first official release in '08 called Majority Rules and I did a couple other mixtapes too. The latest is "Baltimore Bruin." It's a statement on my transition from east coast living to the west coast. It's like 2 sides of the same coin that make up who I am as an artist.
4.       What’s your favorite thing to do when you aren’t writing/producing/playing etc?
I love movies. I love all kinds of movies. Everything from like big budget summer blockbuster super hero flicks, to gangster movies, to Wes Anderson movies to indie films. I just like anything where the characters are fleshed out and you can get immersed in the world the movie is creating. 
5.       Who are your musical inspirations?
When I was younger I was a big like east coast, New York Hip Hop fan. I loved Tribe, BIG, Nas, Jay, Mobb Deep, Wu, Bootcamp all of it. As Hip Hop changed,I really got into underground Hip Hop and I'd say the biggest influences are Mos Def, De La, MF DOOM and cats like that.
6.       What kind of music do you listen to today?
I try to listen to all types of Hip Hop if it's dope and it catches my ear. But I also like some of the chilled out indie rock stuff and I like jazz and old 60's and 70's R&B.
7.       What surprises would we find in your music collection?
I think people would be surprised to see LCD Soundsystem's This is Happening, and also Cam's Purple Haze which I fucking love to this day. 
8.       Todays music is about colabrations what "hot" rapper out now, you would love to work with on a project?
I've always wanted to work with Blu. I'd also love to do a track with Mos Def though I know he's not been hot for a minute. Kendrick would be a dope collab. Or Action Bronson.
9.       What do you think your listeners will get out of your music?
Just a real dude talking about life. I mean, I love to shit talk too. I love verbal gymnastics so if you like wordplay and shit like that, you'll like what I'm putting out there, but I also really do like to explore life events and what's shaping me as a person at that moment.
10.   What do you hope to do with your music?
I've always dreamed of going as big as music can take me. I feel like I've got that talent and that drive and that appeal. I think I could be a huge artist. But at the same time, the thing that's truly important to me is connecting with people. So if 5,000 or 5 million people check for me, it's great. As long as I'm affecting people.
11.   Where do you see the generation heading?
It's like a totally democratic thing now. Sure, the labels and the people with money will always influence who is at the top of the top getting pushed out there, but now we as a listening public have the power to push someone to the top too. If everyone gets behind an artist or even just a song or 2 that they have and they are getting a million Youtube views and 500,000 Twitter followers, well all of a sudden that artist is relevant. So it's really up to the people where the generation goes. I think there's room, and hopefully money, for all kinds of artists.
12.   Is there any advice you'd like to give to young aspiring rappers?
Just make good music and let people hear it. A good show draws people in and a good story gets people interested initially but the music has to be able to sustain that interest. It's all important now though. As an artist you are a Business. You have to know everything from the money side of things to the creative side. 
13.   What projects should we be on the lookout for in the near future?
14.   Any shoutouts?
Shoutout my label, Under Sound Music. Shoutout my collaborators on the record: Cynthia Hawkes, Rome Cee, Kane Mayfield, UllNevaNo, Kaimbr, King Mez and Marc Evans. And all the producers that made it sound so nice. PEACE!


Comments

Popular Posts